My Top 5 Meals in Toronto – Summer 2017
One of the best things (if not the best thing) about living in Toronto, is the food. Living in such a multicultural city brings the world’s cuisines to your fingertips, and the world has a lot to offer! With so many delicious options, it can be hard to know where to start, so to help you out, here are 5 of the best meals/restaurants I discovered or rediscovered this summer!
- Light Cafe – This Taiwanese-inspired cafe boasts beautiful caffeinated beverages and scrumptious lunch and dessert fare. The smoked duck breast salad with poppyseed dressing and the lobster bisque are mouthwateringly good and the Baldwin Village space is clean, bright and casually elegant (they even have a living wall).
2. Midfield Wine Bar – We popped into Midfield for a light lunch recently and can’t wait to head back to try some of their impressive selection of wine (they have so much, they’ve got a designated “not wine” menu!) Their chicken burger was super-tasty and their grilled romaine was a delicate little treat!
3. Pray Tell – Pray Tell’s brunch is worth braving the construction-riddled section of College street west of Ossington. Short rib benny on a savoury danish and coconut batter sprinkle waffles anyone? Plus the place is full of plants and cool Scandanavian furnishings.
4. Cafe Cancan – This spot has been on my list to try since it opened and I saw that the new owners had somehow made the previously very pretty Harbord Room location SO MUCH PRETTIER! Luckily, this is a case where you can judge the book by its cover, because the food is as delectable as the decor!
5. AF1 Caribbean Canteen – Little Italy isn’t the first place I’d think to look for tasty Caribbean food, but I was lured in by the scintilating smells coming from their barbecues and was not disappointed. Their jerk chicken and peppered shrimp were SO good and I hear the oxtail is amazing, although I’ve yet to try it because it’s always sold out!
Did you discover any great new (or new to you) Toronto restuarants this summer? Let us know in the comments!